Timber Windows are manufactured from wood
Our timber windows are manufactured from wood that is carefully selected from verified, legal and well-managed forests.
A combination of solid and engineered timber is used to deliver the best performance possible, while creating a beautifully natural appearance. Highly engineered wooden window frames are safe, reliable, watertight and custom made. They are all coated with a durable weatherproof seal. You can rest assured that warmth, noise reduction and security have all been expertly addressed. The available colours include white as standard (in a matt finish), as well as any timber stain of your choice.
Casement Timber Windows
Outward-opening wooden casement windows are very functional and easy to use. Choose from a rounded oval finish, or chamfered edges. We can create a modern look with a storm-proof profile, or a more traditional look using Flush Casement. High security shoot bolt, key locking mechanisms come as standard in our range. Factory finished wooden windows are sprayed with three coats of high quality paint.
We provide a wide range of different styles of casement windows. From traditional Georgian styled through to more modern non bar styles, there is a design to suit every taste. In addition, if you want something not listed in our styles, then do not hesitate to contact us for a quote for a design made just for you. We provide high quality traditional timber casement windows. We can provide you with unique casement windows to your individual needs.
- Type of wood – Hardwood Mahogany Meranti and Softwood Pine
- Construction – The windows open to the outside, Frame thickness: 90mm, Leaf thickness: 58mm
- Paints – A full range of RAL colours. 2 primer undercoat and 1 finishing coat in white RAL 9003.
- Glazing – clear soft coat double glazed sealed units Ug = 1.1 W/m2k.Toughened safety glass (optional)
- Opening detail – Opening outward and fixed pane.
- Hardware – standard hinge.
- Restrictors and Easy Clean hinges (optional at extra cost)
- Mullions (optional) – Stick-on timber bars or structural bars.
Horizontal cross section detail
Vertical cross section detail
Drive bolt lock
Hinge detail (scissor type)
Handle detail (available in white, chrome, satin chrome, gold and black)
Optional lock (window stay)
Fire retardant coatings for wood
Teknos fire retardant coatings, intumescent primers and paints, are waterborne and can be applied to any wood-based substrate through a traditional coating process. Our solution will ensure that your sustainable wood material meets the most stringent fire safety standards without compromising its appearance or cost.
How fire retardant coating works
During a fire, fire retardant coating swells to form a protective foam layer, which partially uses energy during foaming and partially insulates the underlying wood from fire. Fire retardant treated wood provides benefits like a significantly slower ignition time, less smoke production, and no flaming droplets. Fire retardant treatment for wood gives people more time to escape a fire.
How to choose fire retardant coating
Teknos actively provides technical support and training to clients. We can advise you on the most appropriate fire-retardant solution for your needs, technical application, conforming to regulations, testing, quality assurance systems, certification, training and project management. To learn more about how Teknos fire retardant coatings can boost the safety, appearance, and sustainability of your projects.
Timber Sash Windows
The design of our vertical sliding sash window is the product of an extensive collaboration between our technicians and consultant architect to ensure that our box sash reproduces, as faithfully as possible. Frames, sashes, sills and beads are all made from Hardwood Mahogany or Softwood Pine.
By combining traditional aesthetics with innovative design, Oakview have developed a superior range of sliding sash windows, offering a range of high performance windows suitable for any new build or refurbishment project. Timber sash windows are available in a traditional box cords and weights.
- Type of wood: Mahogany Red Meranti
- Construction: Sliding system top-down
- Paints: Standard white RAL9003
- Glazing: clear soft coat double glazed sealed units Ug = 1.1 W/m2k. Toughened safety glass (optional)
- Types of opening: Sliding up and down
- Hardware: Shift assisted steel weights fitted inside the window frames.
- Mullions (Optional): Stick-on timber bars or structural bars.